Hi, I'm Dustin Toff. I'm a software engineer with a passion for build tooling and accessibility, currently working on the Living Room Infrastructure and Tooling team of Amazon Prime Video.
I work on a variety of side projects ranging from an accessibility testing tool for Android named A11y Ally to developing custom build rules for the Bazel build system. You can check out my projects on GitHub.
Software Development Engineer II Amazon Prime Video | -NowNow based in London, I build tools and services for the Prime Video Living Room Infrastructure and Tooling team to make developers more efficient. Living room devices present unique challenges as many – like smart TVs or set-top boxes – are not designed to be developer-friendly, or are computationally low powered. Enabling developers as much freedom as possible to build for and test on these restricted and limited platforms is my goal on this team, be it through simplifying the build-test lifecycle, reducing build times, or scaling dependent services efficiently so that they don't need to worry about it.
Software Development Engineer II AWS WorkLink | -Joining at the conception of this service, I lead architecture designs with responsibilities ranging from AWS authorization primitives to AWS-level scaling and availability considerations to customer network integrations. I researched and built critical components of the service's control plane including deployment, scaling, storage, and monitoring. Starting with little domain expertise, I developed a wider skill set and learned many new technical skills along the way.
Software Development Engineer II Amazon mobile shopping | -Working on a core, platform team of the mobile shopping applications, I focused on build tooling upgrades and optimizations.
Software Development Engineer I-II Amazon Silk | -Designed and built customer-facing features that are viewed millions of times a day for the Silk browser as well as various support tools for other engineers on the team.
Website Developer Mission Media |Most of my work involved taking PSD files and creating mostly static, cross-browser compatible websites.
- Bachelor's Degree: UMBC
- Major - Computer Science
- Minor - Economics
Feel free to take any of my code and reuse it. I would prefer credit somewhere, preferably visible, but comments are okay too.
- A11y Ally - An accessibility testing tool for Android developers and QAs to check for issues in their applications in real-time. By running as an accessibility tool, A11y Ally perceives other apps the way screen readers do and can visualize the experience that users dependent on screen readers have.
- Dramatic Zoom - A just-for-fun image sharing service that takes users' images and zooms in on them to a dramatic soundtrack.
- CommenTube - A commenting page for YouTube videos with complete anonymnity. It allows users to give feedback to filmmakers through visual and textual feedback.
- Mobile Site - This website is mobile friendly. It might not work as well on older devices as I don't have many to test with.
- Boot Animation Shuffle - Android app I made that randomizes your device's boot animation. It includes a market for people to upload, share and download animations. You can also generate custom text animations or auto-create photo slideshows from images on your device.
- Quick Utility - Easily toggle settings or launch an app anywhere in Android by long-pressing the search key.
You can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org